What is 600, who started it, and why?
an IRS registered non-profit organization.
600 was started by Alex Pacheco, who also co-founded PETA where he also
served as the Chairman for 20 years before leaving.
600 was founded to end the inhumane killing of millions of strays around the world,
beginning with about sixty countries where there are no laws against cruelty to animals,
and where strays are killed by methods such as:
Beating them to death
Lacing rotten meat with broken glass
… and the list goes on. Photos and videos of dogs being killed in these ways, are available.
Where can I get these formulas or products, and what can you tell me about them?
- The ones we are working on, are not available yet due largely to a lack of funding.
- We receive no funds from the government nor from drug companies.
- More than one formula is being worked on.
- There are more than 100 birth control drugs and formulas, already known to exist.
- Of the finished formulas available, none can effectively solve the global overpopulation problem.
- We are working on the first of several formulas to reduce animal and human suffering.
How will the formulas be administered?
- Each country will be different, as each country has their own regulations.
- In the U.S. the FDA and the EPA will likely decide how these formulas will be administered.
- In the U.S. a prescription from a veterinarian will likely be needed.
- In impoverished countries (where the suffering is the greatest), prescriptions may or may not be required.
Please note that any of the particulars in the above hypothetical situation may be changed at any time by government officials who have jurisdiction.
In many cases, local government agencies or their regional or national federal agencies, will often determine how the formulas are administered in their respective area.
Are these formulas intended for use with street dogs or shelter dogs?
These are the dogs likely to die on the street either from poisoning or by other inhumane means; dogs living in the alleys and garbage dumps of impoverished countries.
Our priority is to have these painless formulas, replace poison – as a means of stray dog population-control in much of the world.
As soon as we have a good handle on the dog formulas, we intend to move immediately onto formulas for feral cats.
Where will you use the formulas?
Are these formulas safe, and why?
- Yes these formulas are safe, when used as intended.
- These formulas generally do not use “brand new” active ingredients.
- There already exists a great deal of data on many of the key ingredients, such as zinc.
- In most instances, decades of data are available on key ingredients, such as zinc.
- One reason these formulas are safe when used as intended, is that they are intended to be consumed only once in a lifetime. Compare this against traditional human birth control pills, which are intended to be consumed over 5,000 times during a lifespan. Formulas which are taken many times, tend to have more side effects.
Won’t these have to be approved?
- The answer depends on the country. In general, yes, and each country can be very different.
- In the U.S. the FDA and or the EPA will have to approve them, depending on their use.
- Other countries will have their own agencies approve them, to varying degrees.
Won’t animal tests have to be done?
In our work, no animals are harmed, no animals are injured, no animals are killed.
In our clinical trials, animals are generally fed the formula one time. They then live in a home, and later on they are surgically spayed and neutered, and their ovaries and sperm are examined to determine their sterility.